Township Fiscal Officer William D. Leicht is the custodian of Boardman and Zion Lutheran Cemeteries. Boardman Township is also a joint owner of Cornersburg Cemetery. They have ownership with Canfield and Austintown, with Austintown being the custodian.
Boardman Cemetery is located off Tanglewood Drive. It dates back to 1805 when Elijah Boardman donated half an acre of land to be used for a cemetery. Prior to this, burials in the township were made on the farm of Adam Simon. The Boardman Cemetery Association was incorporated under the laws of the State of Ohio in 1917. There are no lots available for purchase in the Boardman Cemetery.
Zion Lutheran Cemetery is located on Tippecanoe Road. In 1961, Zion Lutheran Church turned their Church cemetery over to Boardman Township. Upon accepting the cemetery, Boardman Township was required to care for the necessary upkeep. There are several lots available in Zion Lutheran Cemetery. They may be purchased at the Boardman Township’s Fiscal Office. The cost of graves at Zion Cemetery is $75.00 per grave or $175.00 for three graves.