Board of Zoning Appeals
The Board of Appeals has jurisdiction over all use and area variances, including requests for conditional use permits and appeals challenging a decision or determination of the Zoning Inspector.
All decisions of the Board of Appeals are final within Boardman Township. A citizen who is aggrieved with the Board’s decision has 30 days from the date of decision to file an appeal with the Mahoning County Common Pleas Court.
A legal notice is published at least 10 days before the hearing of the Board of Appeals. All hearings are open to the public.
The Board consists of five members and two alternate members appointed by the Boardman Township Trustees. The five members serve five-year terms and the alternates serve two-year terms.
|Atty John Shultz, Chairman||Jan 2013 – Jan 2018|
|Keith D. Boone, Vice-Chairman||Jan 2010 – Jan 2015|
|Carol Bonte||Jan 2011 – Jan 2016|
|Dr. Lawrence Liguore||Jan 2009 – Jan 2014|
|Patricia Brozik||Jan 2012 – Jan 2017|
|Jeffrey Zilavy, Alternate||Jan 2012 – Jan 2014|
|Marilyn Scheetz, Alternate||Jan 2012 – Jan 2014|
CHECKLIST FOR FILING AN APPEAL
- Letter of Intent requesting area or use variance, conditional use request, or an appeal of a decision or determination of the Zoning Inspector.
- Area Map (Tax Map Department, Mahoning County Court House) showing property in question as well as abutting properties.
- List of abutting property owners’ names and mailing addresses.
- Check to Township Trustees in amount of $150.00 filing fees. (Non-refundable.)
- Site plan and (where applicable) floor plan and elevation drawings, for requested variance.
Note: The appeals process will take approximately six weeks from time complete information is filed in zoning office. If a variance is granted, there is a 30-day appeal period before any zoning permits can be issued.